Slot Canyon Hiking Tour
Rate: $155 Per Person. Rate does not include tax or gratuities. ($500 Minimum Day Rate Applies if not joining an already scheduled tour).
Rate Includes; *Coffee, Tea or Juice upon arrival. *Healthy lunch made with fresh ingredients. *Ice Cream/sorbet upon return from tour. *Backpacks, helmets and water bottles.
On these excursions you can expect to learn some canyon hiking techniques, slide on your bottom, maybe get a little wet and see sights you never imagined. “Heel locks”, “butt slide” and “smear” will become a part of your vocabulary for the day. These hikes are a lot of fun and might remind you of a day at the playground when you were a kid. The strong traveler will do well on this excursion, but the mature and wise explorer might do better! Don’t forget your play clothes!
Slot Canyon Hiking Information
- No prior hiking experience necessary.
- On these tours, our average group’s age range is 55-72 years young.
- We provide all necessary gear (including backpacks and water bottles), lunch, coffee/tea/juice in the morning and ice cream/sorbet in the afternoon.
- Tours begin at our shop (125 E. Main Street, Escalante) at 7AM (March-April & October-November) and 7:30AM (May-September).
- Tours generally return between 1:30PM-3:30PM depending on group size.
- Distance; 3-4 miles on uneven terrain/no trails.
- Elevation gain/loss up to 500ft.
- The guides determine each day’s canyon the morning of the trip based on the weather and group. Safety First.
- The canyons we guide are within a 20-40 minute drive from our main street shop.
- We take up to 8 guests on the hiking tours. (We can accommodate up to 10 guests on Private Tours).
- We specialize in guiding off the beaten path locations. We do not guide Spooky, Peekaboo, Tunnel, Zebra, Bighorn etc.
“Thanks Rick! The experience you provided for us was more than we expected and based on your reputation we expected a lot. Thanks for leading, teaching, coaching and encouraging! You, along with Amie are The Best!” Greg & Carol
- Ages 7+ years are welcome.
- Guests must be comfortable hiking between 3-4 miles on uneven terrain/no trails.
- Guests must be comfortable hiking with an elevation gain/loss up to 500ft.
- Each guest must be able to carry a small backpack (approx. 10lbs) containing 2-3 liters of water, lunch, helmet and personal items.
- Guests must wear the proper clothing and footwear for safety purposes.