High Adventure Canyoneering Day
Rates: $275 Per Person groups of 4+. $900 Per Day Groups of 3. $675 Per Day for up to 2 Persons.
2 & 3 Person Minimum day rates apply when not joining already scheduled tour. Inquire upon booking.
Rates do not include tax or gratuities.
Rates Include; *Coffee, Tea or Juice upon arrival. *Healthy lunch made with fresh ingredients. *Ice Cream upon return from tour. *Canyoneering equipment including backpacks.
The goal of these high adventure excursions is to expose our guests to more advanced canyons and their challenges (keeper potholes, anchorless features, etc). On these advanced excursions, movements must be slow and calculated. Equipment and energy must be used efficiently. To get in over your head here in Escalante can prove to have severe consequences for yourself or your team. These tours are very challenging, scenic and highly rewarding.
High Adventure Day Information
• Ages 14+ years are welcome. (exceptions may be made for Private Tours)
• We provide all necessary gear (including backpacks and water bottles), lunch, coffee/tea or juice in the morning and ice cream or sorbet in the afternoon.
• Tours begin at our shop (125 E. Main Street, Escalante) 7:30AM (March-April & October- November) & 7:00AM (May-September). • Tours return between 2:30PM-4:30PM depending on group size. • The guides choose from about 6 canyons. The guides determine each day’s canyon the morning of the trip based on the weather and group. Safety First. • Distance covered is 4 to 6 miles • Elevation gain/loss up to 1000ft • Rappels; 2-5 up to 275ft in length • The canyons we guide are within a 20-40 minute drive from our main street shop.
*We take up to 8 guests on these tours. If you prefer a Private Tour, please inquire for rates. (we can accommodate up to 10 guests on Private Tours).
• Minimum Age - 14 years (exceptions made for Private Tours) • Rappelling experience necessary.
• Guests must be comfortable hiking between 4-6 miles on uneven terrain/no trails with an elevation gain/loss of up to 1000ft
• Each guest must be able to carry a backpack (approx. 12lbs) containing 3-4 liters of water, lunch, harness, helmet and personal items.
• Able to assist with carrying of rope. • Guests must wear proper clothing and footwear (safety purposes).