Tour Includes *Coffee, Tea or Juice upon arrival. *Healthy lunch made with fresh ingredients. *Ice Cream upon return from tour. *Canyoneering equipment including backpacks. $175 Per Person Per Day. Tax and Gratuities not included. **$450 Minimum Day Rate applies if not joining an already scheduled tour.
These are our most popular tours! Guests learn basic down climbing skills, such as mantling, seated bridging and partner assists. They also experience the basic fundamentals of rope work, including belayed down climbs and rappels up to 100ft. Our goal is to slowly introduce guests to the very basic and safe principles of canyoneering. These canyons are truly “off the beaten path”. It may also inspire the confidence to get out and safely explore a few canyons on your own sometime.
Canyoneering Tours Information
• No prior rope or hiking experience necessary.
• Ages 7+ years are welcome. Our average group’s age range is 40-65 years young.
• We provide all necessary gear (including backpacks and water bottles), lunch, coffee in the morning and ice cream in the afternoon.
• Tours begin at our shop (125 E. Main Street, Escalante) early morning (please inquire upon booking) and we generally return between 2:30PM-4:30PM depending on group size and canyon selected.
• The guides choose from about 12 canyons each day. The guides determine each day’s canyon the morning of the trip based on the weather and group. Safety First.
• The canyons we guide are within a 20-40 minute drive from our main street shop.
• We take up to 8 guests on these regularly scheduled canyoneering tours. (We can accommodate up to 10 guests on Private Tours).
• We specialize in guiding off the beaten path locations. We do not guide Spooky, Peekaboo, Tunnel, Zebra, Bighorn etc.
• Guests must be comfortable hiking between 3-4 miles on uneven terrain/no trails.
• Each guest must be able to carry a small backpack (approx 10lbs) containing 2-3 liters of water, lunch, harness, helmet and personal items. Adjustments are made for small children.