Glen Canyon/Neon Backpacking Base Camp
4 Days/3 Nights - $1,180 Per Person Rates include your Guides, Camp Chef/Manager, Gear (except wetsuits) and Food. Tax and Gratuities not included. **Minimum Rate Applies.
Neon Canyon/Golden Cathedral is the focus of these trips. Because of the extremely remote location of Neon Canyon and the Golden Cathedral, we offer this experience as a 4 Day/3 Night adventure. In addition to experiencing Neon Canyon and rappelling into the famous Golden Cathedral, we will explore a couple of equally epic canyons.
On this trip guests will carry a 30-35lb pack into our remote backcountry camp. Once in camp our staff will handle set up, meals and water runs. All guests need to do is relax! When adventuring into the canyons, guests will only need to carrying a day pack with wetsuit, gear, water and lunch. Upon returning to camp each evening guests greeted with appetizers and time to reflect on the day, take a solar shower or enjoy a nap! Filling meals are served fireside and the Milky Way and shooting stars provide entertainment. Sleeping under a blanket of stars is your choice!
**Our Multi-Day trips are All Inclusive. We provide all camping equipment, including sleeping bags, pads, and tents. All food and snacks are provided and prepared by our staff. From the sunscreen to the daypacks and canyon gear we’ve got you covered! (except wetsuits)**
• No prior rope experience necessary.
• These canyons generally require stretches of swimming.
• Base camp is approximately 3 miles from vehicles or about 3-4 hours of hiking.
• Day packs for the canyons will only contain 2-3 liters of water, lunch and canyon gear.
• We provide all necessary camping equipment and canyoneering gear (except wetsuits).
• We provide all meals and snacks which are prepared by our camp manager.
• Trips begin at our shop (125 E. Main Street, Escalante) at 8:00AM and we generally return between 3:30PM-5:00PM on final day.
• The guides determine each day’s canyon that morning based on the group’s ability and weather. Safety First.
• We take up to 8 guests on these backpacking trips. We can accommodate up to 9 guests on Private trips.
• There are 2 guides and 1 camp manager/cook on these trips.
• 4 Day/3 Night Minimum
• Ages 14+ years are welcome. Our average group’s age range is 30-60 years young.
• Guests must be comfortable hiking between 5-7 miles on uneven terrain/no trails.
• Guests must be comfortable carrying 30-35lb backpack to and from base camp.
• Guests must provide their own wetsuit.
Glen Canyon Schedule